The purpose of this policy is:
• To obtain the identity of patients who use the service and to keep such information as a record for clinical governance purposes
• To record full and up-to-date contact details for patients who use the service.
• To make sure that the age of the patient in front of the clinician is accurate and that the correct person is being addressed by the clinician.
• To avoid any medical errors and patient harm.
• To meet the legal requirements of the regulated activities such as The Health and Social Care Act 2008 (Regulated Activities) Regulations 2014 and Data Protection Act 2018.
Thank you for your kind cooperation