The main symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19) are:
- a high temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)
- a new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
- a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste – this means you’ve noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal
What To Do If You Have Symptoms
If you have any of the main symptoms of COVID-19, even if they’re mild:
- Get a PCR test (test that is sent to a lab) to check if you have COVID-19 as soon as possible.
- Stay at home and do not have visitors (self-isolate) until you get your test result – only leave your home to have a test.